Things to Do
Christopher Newport is located in one of the most historic and beautiful places in America, and conveniently located near many popular Virginia attractions. There's lots to do within a short walk or drive.
- Colonial Williamsburg – Pre-Revolutionary times come alive through reconstructed homes, stores and taverns
- Virginia Beach – world-class beaches, great water sports, and a rich nightlife
- Norfolk – a dynamic and progressive cultural center featuring a sparkling downtown waterfront and a proud maritime heritage
- Ferguson Center for the Arts – the finest entertainers from around the world perform year-round on the campus of Christopher Newport University.
- Mountain biking trails at Harwood's Mill and The Mariners' Lake
- The Noland Trail – a five-mile wooded path with views of the James River
- Historic Jamestown and Yorktown
- The Mariners' Museum, home to the USS Monitor Center
- The Peninsula Fine Arts Center
- Busch Gardens and Water Country USA
- Virginia Living Museum
- And more!