Non-degree applications will be considered complete and ready for review once we have received the following information:
- Complete the non-degree application, including $65 nonrefundable fee.
- Submit the Transfer College Report (Verification of Enrollment) certified by each college attended. You must send a Transfer College Report to the appropriate representative(s) at each college/university you attended. Each in turn must send the reports directly back to CNU via email: email@example.com or fax: (757) 594-7711. If you are currently enrolled in college, you will only be required to send the Transfer College Report after your current semester concludes.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities attended. Christopher Newport accepts official transcripts submitted electronically through Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse. Partial transcripts and/or grade reports are required until final grades are posted. You must be academically eligible to return to the last college or university you attended and have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA on past academic work.
- Submit your official high school transcript.
- Submit the Application for Virginia in-state tuition rates (if applicable). You must complete all questions in the Residency and Parent/Legal Guardian Residency sections of the application to be eligible for in-state tuition. Supporting documents may be requested, and you must submit them on or before the first day of the semester or term for which you are applying.
Christopher Newport University
Transfer Admission & Enrollment
1 Avenue of the Arts
Newport News, Virginia 23606
Note: Applicants under the Senior Citizens Higher Education Act of 1974 should email Transfer Admission and Enrollment for an application.